Friday, December 03, 2010

Jaren @ 8.5 months...


Well, I weighted Jaren yesterday and noticed that he didn't put on much weight since the last time (though he looks that he is growing well at least to me). Hence, I brought him to see his usual GP, Dr Tan at Dawson.

Jaren is about 7.7kg with a height of 69cm. Dr Tan said although Jaren is petite, he looks well-fed. Asked me not to worry as most important is that Jaren is healthy.

Anyway, since my breastmilk supply is getting lesser, I have decided to supplement him with some formula milk...

I have also started him with semi-solid food like purees, cereal when he was 6.5 months old. He has also started porridge since he was about 8 months old. Initially I really had difficulty making him to open his mouth, probably he was ready to be spoon-fed. He would either turn his head left or right or look down. The food somehow or rather would land onto his bib.... these days are slightly better, at least, he will open his mouth when he has swallowed or the spoon is near him lips. Hope he gets better each day....:)

No comments: