Sunday, June 28, 2009

Giselle's Reading Ability

I have introduced "Keywords with Ladybird" series a few months ago and I realised that Giselle could memorise and read the words quite well.

Now she is into Book 3a which seems a little more difficult with more words but I believe with constant reading and practising with her, she could handle this book as well.

For Chinese books, on and off I will still play chinese flashcards games with her. That is to put all the cards with the chinese character on the floor, then I will say out a word to let her find. Of course, I have to pretend that I am searching for the words with her to create competition and motivation. Most of the time, she has no difficulty in remembering the words that she has learnt before.

With the June holiday of fun & relaxation, I also became lazy at times that I didn't do the practices with her when I have the time.

New term starting tomorrow and also means I must go back to the original routine.

No comments: