Monday, May 11, 2009

Giselle's Visit to the Dental - Part II


BEFORE AFTER

Well, if you did read about her 1st visit to the dental clinic, you should know it was a flop as she refused to open her golden mouth.

After recommended by one of my good friend, I brought Giselle to the School Dental Service at Health Promotion Board for 2nd try. I was thinking even if she didn't co-operate with me this round, the cost would only be $9.

She was very excited prior to this visit and kept talking about it. Last night, we even had a pretend play where she played as patient and myself as the dentisit. I asked her why had she come to see me today? I was thinking she will reply as "because I want to have clean teeth". But she didn't. She said "Because I want to take stickers". Hahaha. Both of us had a good laugh by her reply :) Kids replies are always to innocent and direct!!!

When she saw the lady Dentist today, she did say "hello!" to the dentisit. But seconds later, her fear surfaced again...

But the dentist was very friendly and patient with Giselle. First she asked Giselle to rinse her mouth, and in order for her to reach the cup, she needs to climb on the dental chair. That's how she got Giselle to get on the chair and lie down (slowly). After that, she managed to get Giselle to open her mouth by saying that she need to brush her teeth. Hence, Giselle slowly opened her mouth to let the toothbrush go in. As the dentist was brushing for her, she checked on Giselle's teeth too. What a smart trick!

Dentist told Giselle's teeth are basically very clean, just some stain on the surface which are caused by good bacteria. With this good bacteria, her teeth will have a lower risk of tooth decay. Phew!:)

Slowly the Dentist told her to guggle Giselle mouth again. Then the cleaning process starts. She got Giselle to wear a cute sunglass and try the polishing tool on Giselle's finger nails. After Giselle got comfortable, she started to put the cleaning tool in Giselle's mouth and started polishing the tooth one by one. The Dentisit also let Giselle play with the suction tube (to suck out saliva) before putting it in her mouth.

Finally, Giselle completed the "big task" of paying a visit to the Dentisti SUCCESSFULLY! I am just so proud of her!!! Or maybe I should say I am so proud of myself for bring her to the dental. At least my gal now has overcome her fear to the dental :)

2 comments:

Busy Mummy said...

Good job on Giselle's second visit to the dentist..must tell Giselle that she has to clean her teeth well if not next time must wear braces like aunty teresa..heh heh....

Giselle's Mummy said...

Haha. good one!

But the dentist said it is not due to improper cleaning of teeth. She said the stain will still come back very fast for certain kids who have this problem.

In fact, the dentist said I have brushed her teeth very well. hehe.