Friday, May 01, 2009

Apple-Cinnamon Crumble Cake





I have always been a fan of Apple Crumble and hence when I chanced upon a similar recipe in a book, I told myself to give a try on it.

For the crumbs, it is just unsalted butter rubbed in self-rising flour (sifted with cinnamon powder). For the base, it is a layer of butter cake which is thinner than usual). I was lucky that the results was very good (according to my husband). The sourness of the apple gave the whole cake a nice taste when the crumbs and the butter cake were mixed with sugar. Luckily I reduced the sugar a whole lot :)





4 comments:

Busy Mummy said...

hmm...looks good man although i dun take sweet stuff...when u wanna conduct baking lessons for me?

Giselle's Mummy said...

Piang! I am just a beginner nia...

Busy Mummy said...

Giselle's mummy,

Thats good enough for me....i have hardly baked something which looks half as good as what you have done.....nor anything which looks edible haha...

cookiemz said...

u made it!!! i was reading the apple crumble recipe over the weekend... but couldn't settle down to do it.

next time u must bake for our gathering liao