Monday, March 30, 2009

Trial Run for a Birthday Cake



Had wanted to do a birthday cake for my mum's birthday and the courage came after I attending the baking classes at Creative Culinaire...
The sponge cake texture was good, the look of the whole cake seems acceptable, though the application of cream wasn't too neat. The only thing I don't like is the non-dairy whipping cream that I used. I guessed when one is eating this cake, definitely has to sweep away most of the cream. I had to use non-dairy whipping cream as it is easier to handle for a beginner.
Hopefully after I learnt more from sifu E Zee, I would be more confident to handle a dairy whipping cream.
Giselle, upon seeing the cake, kept asking me whose birthday is it... haha

3 comments:

Busy Mummy said...

wow...wat a beautiful cake......you definitely are a good wifey and mummy......hope that i will have chance to try it

cookiemz said...

it is really very well done! looks very good :)

Mabel Tan said...

Hi dear, I am so impressed :)