Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Giselle's Enrichment Classes

My precious daughter has been attending Icreativelearners for English, MPM Math, Jiang Education Ctr for Chinese and Swimming lesson.

So far she has been progressing very well, especially for her English which her teacher said Giselle currently doing her work more of a Primary 2 student’s level.

For her Mother-tongue (Chinese), Jiang Education Ctr has did a wonderful job of teaching the kids Hanyu Pinyin and Giselle has been handling aspect quite fine. I am trying to speak mandarin with her at home too, in hope of improving her Chinese orally. Comparing to what she has spoken 2 years ago, Giselle no longers speak like a Caucasian speaking Mandarin anymore…!!!

For Maths, I am leaving it to MPM to guide her moving to Primary 1 next year. This enrichment centre was recommended to me by Dr Yeap from NIE. He told me this centre uses Math Modelling method which is very important as part of Primary school Maths. Till now, Giselle enjoys every minute of it at the centre. Hence I will let her continue till she wanted to take a rest from it.

As a parent, there are many courses that I really hope to sign her up but more importantly I wouldn’t want to tired her out with the many extra classes. I have let her given up her piano as she seems not so keen on it. One of my friends told me whether a child would continue in Music also very much depends on the encouragement from parents and a good music teacher. Well, though I agree in some way, but the last thing I want is to force my daughter attend a course just to make her mummy or daddy happy.

I would just let her continue with her swimming class till end of the year, before the start of her primary school life J

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Well done Giselle. Mummy done a great job too finding all the good teachers.