Saturday, January 23, 2010

Marble Butter Cake



I bought a fruity cake book written by Alex Goh recently and find some of his recipes and methods easier for a amateur mommy baker like me... :)


So I started with the least ingredients needed like a butter cake. The marble effect was done using some coca powder and milk with a separate mixture. The whisking method was quite tedious for me when I am using a handheld electric whisk. I had to whisk the butter and sugar till light and fluffy state; and also the egg white and sugar till stiff peak. The most challenaging part was also when I had to fold in the flour into the butter and also the eggwhite later on.


Of course, with my gestational diabetes haunting me now and wanting my family to have some healthier home-baked cakes, I reduced the sugar by about 40%. Fortunately, the taste was still very nice.


I would say this cake was quite a success minus the fact that the flour and eggwhite wasn't folded in perfectly...

1 comment:

Busy Mummy said...

wowowow....so many posts on food...making me salivate.....good job..when can taste yr sau sai (skills)?