Friday, December 04, 2009

My Vain Princess Did Her Ear Peircing today...!:)





Since about 2 months ago, I have been asking her if she wants to wear earrings like me and her replies most of the time were "Yes" even though I told it may pain a little during the piercing. Her daddy was quite against the idea of ear peircing as she was too young. He rather let her decide and go do it herself when she is older like during primary school age.

Today after her last Julia Gabriel class, we happened to pass by the B'dazzle earrings shop at Wisma Atria. Actually that was the shop that I wanted to bring her for ear piercing all these while due to their good track records for kids piercing.

Out of curiousity, I went into the shop and enquired how they would do the ear peircing for kids. Safe? Hygiene? Painless?...

One of the sales staff explained to me in detailed and managed to convince me. Hence, I bent down to Giselle and asked her if she wants wear earrings today. She nodded her head and said "Yes!" happily. Since she was ready, I just let her do it in case she changes her mind in the future.

I started to chose the earrings for her. In case of any ear sensitivity, I bought the 18K white gold series for her with a lilac colour stud for her. The ear piercing is free though.

The staff started to sit her down and use a small marker to dot the spot where they going to poke. Before the actual peircing, they would spay some very cold liquid to numb the area (Giselle started to whine a little at this time). 1 staff at each side of the ear and count 1,2,3... in went the earrings!

She didn't cry at all and I find the method used now is very good for kids. I was taught how to care for her newly peirced ears and it was very easy. She also doesn't need to avoid water immediately after the peircing.

When Giselle saw the earrings on her eas, she was delighted! And when at home, she kept asking me if the earrings are still there... hahaha... KIDS!:)

No comments: