Saturday, April 12, 2008

The BIG HOUSE MOVE!


Having done our packing to prepare for the shift, today is officially "The Day"!

Wow, Adrian and I were still packing till 1.30am this morning and I woke up at 5.30am to continue the packing and making the trips to and fro new house. Our things are really ALOT and there seems to endless packing for me. Yesterday we were busy transporting the misc items and thank god our new house is just 5 mins away....

This morning, I brought Giselle to my sis-in-law house so that she can help me take care of Giselle while the Movers is doing the loading and unloading... The Movers came at 9am sharp and they started to shrink wrap the electronic items and load the cartons to their lorry without further delay. The lorry came to new house at about 10am. Fortunately we had our parents, maid and my PT maid to come over to help out with the unpacking and co-ordination. My PT maid helped me with the kitchen while my PIL's maid help with the storeroom and clean up.

The movers were quite professional and swift. Our new house were filled with cartons boxes of stuff in no time. Items were set up fast and all things completed with 30mins of unloading and setup.

Giselle was bonding with my SIL at her place and seemed like they enjoyed each other company. She helped me bathe, feed, and play with her. Really thank god for this additional help as we wouldn't have complete the move so swiftly if she were around.

Though it was a very tiring day for all of us with bodyaches every part, but it at least an experience for us. However, we doubt we are going to move again for the next 10 years!!!

No comments: